TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
1. Congratulations to the Girls’ Basketball team for their win in the Hillsboro tournament last night.
2. Lego Robotics Club meets today after school until 4:00. Remember your permission slips.
3. Scholastic Book Fair will be open October 7 and 8 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. October 14 and 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ONLY. Mr. Kettelkamp will be doing Daily Trivia for free books also. The book fair will be open for parents during Parent/Teacher Conferences October 9 and 10 as well.
4. The 2nd Annual Chillifest Pumpkin Race will be Saturday, October 4th, in front of the Taylorville Post Office. Registration is at 9:00, Race heats begin at 10:00. Age groups are age 5 and under, 6-7, 8-9 & 10-12. Registration forms are in the office.
5. Vision & Hearing Screenings continue today. Please keep visits to the nurse for emergencies only!
6. Please return ALL ice packs to the nurse’s office!
7. Garden Club will meet tomorrow from 3:00 – 4:00.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
October 1 Garden Club 3:15 to 4:00
Homework Helper 3:15 to 4:00
October 2 Newspaper Club: 5th grade meets 3:15 to 4:00
October 4 Chillifest Pumpkin Race registration 9:00
October 6 Girls’ Basketball vs Riverton at Home 6:00
October 7 Scholastic Book Fair 8:00 to 2:00
Girls’ Basketball vs Rochester 4:30. Bus leaves 3:30.
October 8 Scholastic Book Fair 8:00 to 2:00
October 9 Girls’ Basketball vs Effingham 6:00. Bus leaves 4:00.
October 9 & 10 Parent/Teacher Conferences – No School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Pancakes w/syrup Spaghetti w/meatballs Ham & Pizza Salad
Turkey & Cheese Wrap
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.