TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, February 27, 2015
1. Congratulations to the Scholastic Bowl teams for their victory over Rochester and Chatham last night.
2. Good luck to the Wrestling team at Regionals in Litchfield Saturday, February 28th. Weigh-ins begin at 7:00 and matches start at 9:00.
3. Great job to all the Science Fair participants. All projects will be displayed at the High School West gym tonight at 6:30.
4. Red Bland Little League will be having sign-ups at Manners Park from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 4th. This includes all boys baseball and all girls softball.
5. Speech Contest has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 7th at Atwood Elementary. The bus will leave at 7:30 a.m.
6. Chess Club Championship will be Monday, March 2nd at 3:15.
March 3 Faculty meeting 3:25 in the Forum.
March 5 School Improvement Meeting 1:30 at THS cafeteria, bring a Chrome Book or lap top.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
March 2 Chess Club championship game 3:15
7th grade Girls’ Volleyball Regionals at Rochester vs Stephen Decatur 6:30. Bus 4:45
Homework Helper 3:15 to 4:00
March 3 Scholastic Bowl vs Springfield Iles and Athens HOME 3:45
7th grade Girls’ Volleyball Regionals at Rochester 5:30. Bus 4:15
Choices4Life 3:30 to 4:30
March 4 Homework Helper 3:15 to 4:00
IMSA 3:15 to 4:00
March 5 School Improvement Day – Dismiss 1:00
March 6 7th grade trip to Busch Stadium Bus 7:30, 8:30 and 8:45
March 7 Speech Contest at Atwood Elementary. Bus 7:30 a.m.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Pancakes w/syrup Rotini w/meat sauce Taco Salad
Ham & Swiss Deli
Garlic White Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
You catch a fish, catch a cold, and catch your breath. What do you do to a street, your heart, and swords?
Think of a seven-letter word starting with T that means stain. Change the T to V and you’ll get another word meaning stain. What is it?
Change on letter in each of these words to get two new words that are opposites: