TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- Congratulations to the 7th & 8th Grade Girls Volleyball teams for their victories over Edinburg last night!
- Congratulations to the Speech Contestants for an awesome job in the contest this past weekend. Awards were given as follows: 1st Place for Solo - Vivian Rogers, Athan Sherbert, Grace Heberling, Morgan Hogarth, Tyler Sherbert. 2nd Place Duet - Rozella Colbrook & Melanie Kilduff, Emma Wells & Kyley Wolf. 1st Place Duet - Maggie Holthaus & Macy Mann, Alexandra Grendze & Jane-Ann Logue, James Boettger & Haley Elam, Abigail Danielson & Ashlee Vocks, Connor Chase & Carly Tracey, Emily Leers & Tawney Minks, Kennedy Herman & Lexi Hughes. 1st Place for Small Group - Elyse Clayton, Natalie Knott, Jade Mellon & Tierra Mellon/ Grace Evrley, Natalie Lavin & Maddox Moffett/ Avery Beswarick, Bri Ford, Liz Logue & Lia Rexroad/ Jourdan Bilby, Erica Helton & Allison Stubbs. Judges Choice Awards - Connor Chase & Carly Tracey/ Emily Leers & Tawney Minks/ Alexandra Grendze & Jane-Ann Logue.
- Junior High Night of Music will be tonight at 7:00 in the Junior High Gym.
- Chess Club Tournament in Mr. Hill’s room, 107 from 3:15 to 3:45.
- Drama Club will NOT be meeting tonight.
- Boys and Girls in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade who are interested in track should sign up in their PE classes. Lists will be posted in the locker room starting tomorrow. 6th and 7th grade girls should sign up outside Mrs. Alberssen's room (103). Informational meetings will be held on Tuesday, March 1st for girls and Wednesday, March 2nd for boys
- If you did not receive a yearbook order form, they are on the counter in the office.Yearbook orders are due by February 26th. Return forms to: 6th grade and 8th grade - 1st hour teacher, 7th grade - 8th hour teacher.
- There will be a school dance on March 11th. Prizes will be given for the best costumes so start on yours now! 5th and 6th grade will be from 5:00 to 6:30. 7th and 8th grade dance will be from 7:00 to 9:00.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Feb 25 7th & 8th Grade Girls Volleyball vs Rochester 6:00 HOME North Gym
8th Grade Night
Scholastic Bowl at Little Flower with St. Agnes. Bus 3:45
Feb 29 Builders Club Mrs. Foil’s room (110) 3:15 to 4:00
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
French Toast Sticks Breakfast for Lunch
Baja Veggie Salad
Meat Lovers Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“No one is in charge of your happiness but you.”