TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, April 7, 2016
- The Newspaper Club will meet today in Mrs. Richardson’s room (106) after school until 3:45.
- Nurse Zini will be out of the office today from 10:00 to 11:00. Please send emergencies only to the office during this time.
- Now is the time to sign up for next year’s Cheer and Pom teams! Any 6th or 7th grade girls interested need to sign up in the office soon. 5th graders going into 6th are eligible to tryout for the Pom team.
- Anyone in grades 5 through 8, interested in attending Summer Youth Volleyball Camp at MacMurray College in Jacksonville, can pick up a brochure on the office counter.
- The 8th Grade Dance, sponsored by the YMCA, will be held Saturday, April 30th from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Fee for the dance is $5 for YMCA members and $10 for non-members. Please wear nice clothes, formal dress is not required.
- Murder Most Fowl! will be presented by the Drama Club Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9. Admission is free for students and $4 for adults. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m., the performance begins at 7:00. There will be concessions available to purchase.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
April 8 & 9 Murder Most Fowl! Performances 7:00 p.m. at TJHS Gym Admission $4/Students free
April 9 IESA Solo & Ensemble Contest in Mt. Zion. Bus 6:45 a.m.
Track Team Rochester Invite at 9:00. Bus 7:15 a.m.
April 11, 12 & 13 PARCC Testing for grades 6th, 7th and 8th
April 12 Gardening Club for 5th grade 3:15 to 4:00 with Mrs. Mansfield (room 117)
Track Meet at Mattoon at 4:00. Bus 2:15 Dismiss 2:00
Scholastic Bowl at Waverly w/Springfield Our Savior 3:45/Bus 2:45
April 13 8th Grade Talent Show rehearsal with Mr. Zini (room 310) 3:15
April 14, 15, 18, 19 & 20 PARCC Testing for 5th grade
April 15 Dismiss at 1:00/School Improvement Day
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Sausage/Egg/Cheese Burrito Pineapple Glazed Ham
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad Wrap
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.”