TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
- Congratulations to the Track Team on their victories at the Eisenhower meet last night!
- Congratulations to the Scholastic bowl teams for their victories over Lincoln and Christ the King!
- Rehearsals for the 8th Grade Talent Show will begin right after school today in Mr. Zini's Room. It's not too late to sign up!!!
- Drama Club will be rehearsing today from 3:15 to 5:30.
- Congratulations to the following students for answering correctly three out of five questions on the Media Center Trivia Board: Laci Johnson, Tanner Mollet, Erica Edwards, Madelyn Beatty, Vivian Rogers, Ariyanna Berning, and Carlee Campbell. These students need to see Ms. Lowry or Mrs. Southworth to pick out a free book from Scholastic. Thanks to all who participated for the month of March. New questions are up for April.
- The Newspaper Club will meet tomorrow in Mrs. Richardson’s room (106) after school until 3:45.
- Now is the time to sign up for next year’s Cheer and Pom teams! Any 6th or 7th grade girls interested need to sign up in the office soon. 5th graders going into 6th are eligible to tryout for the Pom team.
- Anyone in grades 5 through 8, interested in attending Summer Youth Volleyball Camp at MacMurray College in Jacksonville, can pick up a brochure on the office counter.
- Murder Most Fowl! will be presented by the Drama Club for the 5th and 6th grade students today at 2:00. The cast and crew will need to be dismissed at 1:30. Fifth and sixth grade teachers, please have your classes seated on the floor by a few minutes before 2:00.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
April 7 Newspaper Club will meet 3:15 to 3:45 in Mrs. Richardson’s room (106)
April 8 & 9 Murder Most Fowl! Performances 7:00 p.m. at TJHS Gym Admission $4/Students free
April 9 IESA Solo & Ensemble Contest in Mt. Zion. Bus 6:45 a.m.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Egg & Cheese Biscuit Hamburger Horseshoe
Ham Pizza Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.”