TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
- Congratulations to the Scholastic Bowl team for their victories over Pawnee last night!
- Good luck to the Track Team in Pana today at 4:00. Bus will leave at 2:55, please dismiss team members at 2:40.
- The Miles of Smiles dentist will be here today. Students who receive a pass from the nurse should report to Computer Lab 130.
- 8th Grade Talent Show practice with Mr. Zini will be today after school in room 310.
- Last day for 5th grade PARCC testing.
- Any girl interested in playing Freshman basketball next year should meet tomorrow in Mr. Keller’s room (302) for a short meeting after school.
- Music Festival practice for 6, 7 and 8th grade Chorus and Band will be at the High School tomorrow. Buses will leave the Junior High at 8:30.
- There will be Open Gym for all 8th graders who are playing Freshmen Volleyball tonight in the East Gym of the High School from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Picture order forms for the 8th Grade Dance are in the school office.
- The Media Center will close its circulation May 2nd. Please finish reading your books in the next two weeks and turn them in by May 2nd.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
April 21 Music Festival practice: 6,7 & 8 Chorus and Band will leave at 8:30
6,7 & 8 Chorus practices 8:30 to 9:30
6 & 7 Bands - 9:30 to 10:45
8th Band - 11:00 to 11:45
Practice at the High School for everyone 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
April 22 Music Festival at the High School 7:00 p.m.
April 23 Track Meet/Dragon Invite at Hillsboro 9:00 a.m./Bus 7:00 a.m.
April 25 Builders Club Mrs. Foil (110) 3:15 to 4:00
April 26 Garden Club will meet 3:15 to 4:00 with Mrs. Mansfield
Track Meet at Glenwood Middle School 4:00/ Bus 2:45 Dismiss 2:30
April 27 8th Grade Talent Show practice with Mr. Zini at 3:15
Track Meet at Mt. Zion w/Central A&M at 4:00/Bus 2:30 Dismiss 2:20
Scholastic Bowl Regional at Rochester 4:00/Bus 3:15
April 29 Track Meet Danville Invitational 4:00/Bus 1:15 Dismiss 1:00
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Cinnamon Breakfast Bar Orange Popcorn Chicken Stir-Fry
Ham Chef Salad
Ham & Cheese Sandwich Pico Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but someone.”
Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel