TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
- Good luck to the Track Team at Springfield High School 4:00 today. The bus will leave at 2:45. Please dismiss track participants at 2:30.
- The Garden Club will meet today after school until 4:00 in Mrs. Mansfield’s room (117).
- Cheer clinic for the 2016- 2017 Junior High Cheerleading Team, will begin today and continue May 4th and 5th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tryouts will be Friday May 6th at 4:30.
- Volleyball Open Gym for current 7th graders entering 8th grade next Fall will be today from 5:00 to 6:00 at North School Gym. Open Gym for current 6th graders entering 7th grade next Fall will also be tonight from 6:30 to 8:00 at North School Gym.
- The Builders Club bake sale is tomorrow after school in front of the office. All items will be 50 cents. Builder Club members need to remember to bring your baked goods tomorrow!
- The High School Student Council is sponsoring a Frisbee Tournament May 11th at 6:00 in the Junior High Gym. Eighth graders are invited to join the fun! Each team consists of 6 to 8 players and must have at least two players of the opposite gender (example: 4 boys and 2 girls). The cost is $40 per team. Please sign up in the Junior High office.
May 5 School Improvement Team Meeting
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, the TJHS Booster Club will be buying Subway lunch for the teachers.
May 25 District meeting at the High School 8:00 a.m.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
May 4 Builders Club bake sale after school in Main Hallway
8th Grade Talent Show practice in Mr. Zini’s room (310) after school
May 5 Newspaper Club will meet 3:15 to 3:45 in Mrs. Richardson’s room (106)
May 6 Track Meet at Shelbyville 4:00. Bus 2:30 Dismiss 2:15
May 9 Track Meet at Glenwood MS 4:00. Bus 2:45 Dismiss 2:30
May 12 Curriculum Fair 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
May 23 5th Grade Honors Assembly 9:30 a.m.
Early Dismissal of 2:20
May 24 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Honors Assembly 8:45 a.m.
Early Dismissal of 2:20 AND Last Day of School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
French Toast Sticks Breakfast for Lunch
Baja Veggie Salad
Meat Lovers Pizza
Meat Lovers Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Either you run the day, or the day runs you.