TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
- Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade Girls Basketball teams for their victories over Mt. Zion last night!
- Congratulations goes to the 6th grade Girls Taylorville Youth Basketball team for their win against Mt. Zion last night!
- The cold and flu season is upon us. Please come prepared with your own water bottles and cough drops from home. The school nurse’s supplies are very limited.
- The book fair is this week in the Media Center. It is open for business from 8:30 - 2:00 each day. Mrs. Lowry sent a schedule for sign up to the study hall teachers and to 5th grade for use today. If you want to send students from your class, you may do so, just a few at a time please.
- The drama club will be conducting its monthly meeting this Thursday after school, in the forum until 5:00 PM. All students from 6th-8th grade are welcome. This years production is "No Place Like Nowhere". With a double cast we can cast 42 students! We also need a dedicated crew for this production! Mr. Steve and Mrs. Mary will be waiting for you to show them your acting talents.
- November book orders for the Media Center are due Friday, November 18. Please turn in any orders to Mrs. Southworth or Ms. Lowry.
- There will be a Yearbook Club meeting in Mrs. Elliott’s room today from 3:15 to 4:00.
- Lego Robotics Club will meet today in Mr. Brown’s room (113) 3:15 to 4:00.
Nov 21 November Birthday snacks in the lounge
Music Department meeting 3:15
Mid-Term posting 11/17 - 11/23 (8:00 A.M.) Mid-term will be posted to Skyward on
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Nov 17 7th & 8th grade Boys Basketball vs Pana HOME at 6:00
Drama Club meeting 3:15 to 5:00 in the Forum
5th grade Girls Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Central A&M HOME 6:00
Nov 18 Fannie May Candy delivery day
Nov 21 Anti-bullying program Howard, Long, Elliott, Ninmer (Gym)
Builders Club meeting Mrs. Foil (109) 3:15 to 4:00
6th grade Girls Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Maroa 6:15
Nov 22 Chess Club in Mr. Hill’s room (107) 3:15 to 4:00
7th & 8th grade Boys Basketball vs Springfield Grant HOME 6:00
Nov 23 Thanksgiving Assembly 10:00 a.m.
Early Dismissal for Thanksgiving Break 2:30
Nov 24 & 25 No School - Thanksgiving Break
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Sausage/Egg/Cheese Biscuit BBQ Rib Sandwich Cobb Salad
Mac & Cheese Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY