TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Congratulations to all the Speech Contest participants! Great job! Solo Acting: 1st place rating- Elyse Clayton, Morgan Hogarth, Vivian Rogers. Solo Acting: 2nd place rating- Brianne Beckley, Alex Houston Duet Acting: 1st place rating- Marissa Holmes and Manna Witt, Chloe Delahunt and Alex Grendze, Madelyn Beaty and Addison Vocks. Duet Acting: 2nd place rating- Lillian Herman and Jasmine Miller, Jocelyn Williams and Destiny Wilson. Small Group Acting: 1st place rating- Claire Hadley, Charlee Neece, and Abby Norris, Avrey Beswarick, Brianne Ford, Liz Logue, Jenna Paine and Aly Warren, Rachelle Bates, Paige Brown, Natalie Lavin and Lia Rexroad, Selah Allen, Melanie Kilduff and Emma Wells, Elyse Clayton, Jade Mellon, and Tierra Mellon. Judges' Choice Winners- Brianne Beckley, Elyse Clayton, Marissa Holmes and Manna Witt, Elyse Clayton, Jade Mellon, and Tierra Mellon.
- Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade Girls Volleyball team tonight against Mt. Pulaski, 6:00 in the North Gym. It is also 8th grade Night!
- Gold Rush Night for the Girls Volleyball game tonight. You must wear your Gold Rush t-shirt to get into the game for free.
- Chess Club Tournament in Mr. Hill’s room (107) from 3:15 to 4:00.
- Drama Club will meet tonight from 5:30 to 7:30.
- Yearbook order forms will be passed out today. Sixth grade will receive theirs 1st hour, 7th & 8th during eighth hour.
- All students grade 6, 7, and 8 can sign up for track during PE classes starting today. Please see your PE teacher. Informational meetings will be next week after school in the forum. Tuesday, February 28th for girls and Wednesday, March 1st for boys.
- There will be an informational meeting for Freshman High School Football next season. Coach Odam will meet with you Thursday, February 23rd immediately after school in the cafeteria.
- Junior High Celebration of Music is tomorrow night at 7:00.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Feb 22 Junior High Celebration of Music 7:00 p.m.
No Drama Club practice
Feb 27 Builders Club meeting 3:15 to 4:00
Drama Club practice
Feb 28 Scholastic Bowl 3:45 HOME with Lincoln Magnet and Waverly
Mar 2 Newspaper Club 3:15 to 4:00 Mrs. Richardson’s room (106)
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Blueberry Muffin Spaghetti w/meat sauce Chicken Caesar Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“It is never wrong to do the right thing.”