TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, April 28, 2017
- The Music Festival is tonight at 7:00 in the High School’s West Gym. Participating students should report to the High School by 6:30.
- Media Center Scholastic book orders are due today and any Library books that are checked out, must be returned. As of Monday, May 1st, the Media Center will be closed for business.
- Reminder: 7th and 8th grade Science Fair Judging will be Monday, May 1st and Tuesday, May 2nd, during the school day. 5th and 6th grade judging will be during the day on Thursday, May 4th. All projects will be displayed in the cafeteria on May 4th for the Curriculum Fair.
- The YMCA is hosting the 8th Grade Dance Saturday, April 29th from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Picture order forms for the dance are in the office. If you have any questions, please call Angie Griffin (287-7271) at the YMCA.
- Permission slips for Cheerleading need to be turned into Mrs. Ulferts by May 9th. Cheer tryout clinics will be May 9th, 4:30 to 5:30 in the North Gym. On May 10th and 11th, the clinics will be in the Junior High Gym from 4:30 to 5:30. Tryouts will be May 12th starting at 4:30 in the Junior High Gym. There will also be a parent meeting on May 10th. You can still sign-up in the office. Make sure you have a current physical.
- Poms clinics and tryouts, for students who are 5th, 6th & 7th grades this year will be May 16th and 18th in the Junior High Gym from 4:00 to 6:00. Tryouts will be after the May 18th clinic starting at 7:00. You need to have a current physical on file with the school nurse.
- Dress Code Reminder: Shorts should be fingertip in length and tops need to have sleeves.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
May 1 Media Center is closed
Track Meet at Hillsboro 4:00
May 2 Track Meet vs Lincoln Magnet, S.Grant, S.Jefferson & S.Washington HOME 4:00
May 3 Track Team pictures at 3:15
May 4 Curriculum Fair 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Newspaper Club Mrs. Richardson’s room 3:15 to 3:45
May 5 Track Meet at Pana with Pana and Shelbyville 4:00
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Lumberjack Beef Soft Tacos
Ham/Turkey Chef Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a penguin’s egg. Why not?
If you were to step into a sealed room filled with 100% methane gas and strike a match, what would happen?