TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, October 31, 2014
1. Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade Girls’ Basketball teams on their victory over Pana last night.
2. Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade Girls’ Basketball teams in Mattoon at 4:30 today. Bus leaves at 2:45, please dismiss the players at 2:35.
3. Good luck to the 6th grade Girls’ Basketball team at the Glenwood Tournament Saturday.
4. Wrestling sign-up for grades 5th through 8th is in the office, today is the last day.
5. 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball players need to pay their Athletic Fee of $125 to Mrs. Vincent by Monday, November 3rd.
6. 6th grade Boys’ Basketball tryouts will be next Wednesday, November 5th and Thursday, November 6th from 5:00 to 7:00 in the Stonington Gym. You will need to pick up a waiver form found on the office counter if you want to tryout.
7. The EFCM Club will meet Monday, November 3rd, after school in Mr. Zini’s room (310). Bring any supplies you think you might need. Have a ride home at 4:30.
8. Notice to all students: Bullying is not permitted at school, before school, after school, at lunch or on the bus. Reported incidents and repeat offenders will be suspended.
Week At A Glance
November 1 6th grade Girls’ Basketball at Glenwood Tournament
November 2 Time change! Set your clocks back one hour.
November 3 The EFCM Club will meet in room 310 after school until 4:30.
ILMEA District 5 Jazz/EGM Festival at Eastern Illinois University
8th grade Boys’ Basketball Chatham Glenwood Round Robin Tournament 5:30. Bus 4:15
7th grade Boys’ Basketball Pana Tournament 7:15. Bus 6:00
November 4 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball vs Springfield Jefferson 4:00. Bus 2:45
7th grade Boys’ Basketball Pana Tournament 6:00. Bus 5:00
6th grade Girls’ Basketball vs Pana in Stonington 6:00
November 5 School Improvement Day, early dismissal at 1:00
8th grade Boys’ Basketball Chatham Glenwood Round Robin 5:30. Bus 4:15
6th grade Girls’ Basketball in Riverton 6:15
November 6 Jazz Band plays at Girls’ Basketball game
7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball game vs Pleasant Plains here 6:00
8th grade Boys’ Basketball Chatham Glenwood Round Robin 6:45. Bus 5:30
6th grade Girls’ Basketball in Pleasant Plains 5:30
Newspaper Club for 5th grade room 130 3:15 to 4:00
Junior High Wrestling Parent meeting 6:30 in the cafeteria
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Glazed Cinnamon Roll Fish Tacos Popcorn Chicken Salad
Ham & Swiss Wrap
Hawaiian Ham Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
5 friends went trick-or treating together for Halloween, but they soon got tired and went home at some point along the way. The next morning, the friends met up to exchange candy, so each could have their favorites. Can you figure out who wore what costume, in what order they left the group, and what each friend’s favorite candy is?
Friends: Andy, Jane, Max, Pam, Sam
Costumes: witch, vampire, devil, cat, skeleton
Candy: Reese’s M&M’s, Snickers, Starburst, Milky Way
1) The 5 friends are Max, the witch, the girl who likes Starburst, the boy who dressed as a devil, and the person who left the group 3rd.
2) Andy (who does not like Milky Way) left sometime after Max and immediately before Sam.
3) Pam likes Starburst and she left after Sam.
4) The friends left the group in this order: the one who likes Reese’s, the witch, Andy, the one who likes Milky Way, and Pam.
5) The skeleton likes M&M’s.
6) The vampire was not last.