TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, September 29, 2014
1. Congratulations to the Girls’ Basketball team for their win on Saturday in the Hillsboro tournament. Good luck to them tonight in the Hillsboro Tournament. 8th grade plays Nokomis at 6:00 and 7th grade plays Nokomis at 7:15. The bus leaves at 4:30.
2. Lego Robotics Club meeting is Tuesday until 4:00. Remember your permission slips.
3. Scholastic Book Fair will be open October 7 and 8 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. October 14 and 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ONLY. Mr. Kettelkamp will be doing Daily Trivia for free books also. The book fair will be open for parents during Parent/Teacher Conferences October 9 and 10 as well.
4. The 2nd Annual Chillifest Pumpkin Race will be Saturday, October 4th, in front of the Taylorville Post Office. Registration is at 9:00, Race heats begin at 10:00. Age groups are age 5 and under, 6-7, 8-9 & 10-12. Registration forms are in the office.
5. A red inhaler in a black LG bag has been found. If it is yours, please see the school nurse.
6. Vision & Hearing Screenings will begin this week. Please keep visits to the nurse for emergencies only.
7. Homework Helper will meet today after school until 4:00.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
September 29 Homework Helper 3:15 to 4:00
Girls’ Baskeball in Hillsboro, bus leaves at 4:30
October 1 Garden Club 3:15 to 4:00
Homework Helper 3:15 to 4:00
October 2 Newspaper Club: 5th grade meets 3:15 to 4:00
October 4 Chillifest Pumpkin Race registration 9:00
October 6 Girls’ Basketball vs Riverton at Home 6:00
October 7 Scholastic Book Fair 8:00 to 2:00
Girls’ Basketball vs Rochester 4:30. Bus leaves 3:30.
October 8 Scholastic Book Fair 8:00 to 2:00
October 9 Girls’ Basketball vs Effingham 6:00. Bus leaves 4:00.
October 9 & 10 Parent/Teacher Conferences – No School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Pancakes w/syrup Spaghetti w/meatballs Ham & Pizza Salad
Turkey & Cheese Wrap
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
There may be people who have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work
Harder than you do – and I believe that.