TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, October 30, 2014
1. Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade Girls’ Basketball teams tonight against Pana here at 6:00.
2. Congratulations to the Red Ribbon Door winners: 5th grade Mrs. Durbin, 6th grade Mrs. Alberrsen and Mrs. Fleming, 7th grade Mr. Keller, 8th grade Mrs. DeWerff, Ms. Hobbs and Mrs. Stocks. Donuts will be delivered to the winners tomorrow.
3. Wrestling sign-up for grades 5th through 8th is in the office until Friday.
4. Wrestling Open Mats will be from 6:30 to 7:30 today.
5. 6th grade Boys’ Basketball tryouts will be next Wednesday, November 5th and Thursday, November 6th from 5:00 to 7:00 in the Stonington Gym. You will need to pick up a waiver form found on the office counter if you want to tryout.
6. The EFCM Club will meet Monday, November 3rd, after school in Mr. Zini’s room (310). Bring any supplies you think you might need. Have a ride home at 4:30.
7. 1st Chess club meeting is today after school until 4:00 in Room 107.
AT A GLANCE
October 31 Last day for Wrestling Sign-ups
7th & 8th grade Girls’ Basketball at Mattoon 4:30. Bus 2:45
November 1 6th grade Girls’ Basketball at Glenwood Tournament
7th grade Boys’ Basketball Pana Invitational TBA
November 2 Time change! Set your clocks back one hour.
November 3 The EFCM Club will meet in room 310 after school until 4:30.
ILMEA District 5 Jazz/EGM Festival at Eastern Illinois University
7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball Chatham Round Robin Tournament Nov 3,5 & 6
November 4 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball vs Springfield Jefferson 4:00. Bus 2:45
6th grade Girls’ Basketball vs Pana in Stonington 6:00
November 5 School Improvement Day, early dismissal at 1:00
6th grade Girls’ Basketball in Riverton 6:15
November 6 Jazz Band plays at Girls’ Basketball game
7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball game vs Pleasant Plains here 6:00
6th grade Girls’ Basketball in Pleasant Plains 5:30
Newspaper Club for 5th grade room 130 3:15 to 4:00
Junior High Wrestling Parent meeting 6:30 in the cafeteria
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Apple/Cinnamon Muffin w/string cheese Cheesy Penne Pasta Ham/Turkey Chef Salad
Turkey & Cheese Deli
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
If we don’t plant the right things, we will reap the wrong things. It goes without saying. And you don’t have to be, you know, a brilliant biochemist and you don’t have to have an IQ of 150. Just common sense tells you to be kind, ninny, fool. Be kind.