TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, November 21, 2014
1. Candy money can be turned in to the desk in the front hallway before school each morning. Please do not carry your money with you during the day. All money must be turned in by December 1st.
2. Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball teams on their victory against Pana last night.
3. The ILMEA Music Festival at Eastern Illinois University is Saturday, November 22nd. The bus leaves from the High School east circle drive at 6:00 a.m.
4. Good luck to the 7th grade Girls’ Basketball team during Regionals against Decatur Jefferson here, Saturday at 10:00 and 11:15.
5. Picture retakes will be next Tuesday, November 25th in the morning. If you are new to the school or were absent on picture day, you will have your picture taken that day. This includes staff!
6. Media Center Scholastic book orders are due today. Please turn in your orders to Ms. Lowry or Mrs. Southworth.
7. Any 7th or 8th grade girls interested in trying out for volleyball, sign up in the office this week.
8. 7th grade open gym for Volleyball will be Saturday from 1:00 – 2:30.
9. Builders’ Club will meet Monday, November 24th in room 110, 3:15 to 4:00.
10. Homework Helpers will meet Monday, November 24th, 3:15 to 4:00.
11. The YMCA 5th Grade Party is Saturday, November 22 from 5:00 to 9:00. Audio Dimensions will be the DJ – Come and join the fun!
12. YMCA Teen Center for grades 6, 7 and 8, will be tonight from 6:00 to 10:00. Audio Dimensions will be the DJ.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
November 22 7th grade Girls’ Basketball Regionals HOME 10:00 & 11:15 vs Decatur Jefferson
ILMEA Dist. 5 Festival at Eastern Illinois University Bus 6:00 THS
7th grade Volleyball Open Gym 1:00 – 2:30
November 24 Builders’ Club 3:15 – 4:00 in room 110
Homework Helper 3:15 – 4:00
7th grade Girls’ Basketball Regionals HOME 6:00 & 7:15
November 25 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs Springfield Grant HOME 4:00
7th Girls’ Basketball Regional Championship HOME 7:00
WWII Club 3:30-5:00
Picture retakes in the morning
November 26 Thanksgiving Assembly 10:00 (Schedule #4)
Dismiss at 2:20
November 27 Thanksgiving Day – No School
November 28 No School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Egg Frittata Chicken Tacos Taco Salad
Ham & Swiss Wrap Vegetable Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
By adding two pairs of doubled letters to MIPE, you can complete the word MISSPELL. What familiar word can be completed by adding two pairs of doubled letters to FISK.
The word obedience, when spoken, sounds like the five consecutive letters O-B-D-N-C.
What familiar marine animal, with a two-word name (three letters in the first word, seven letters in the last), also sounds like five consecutive letters?