TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
1. Candy money needs to be turned in by December 1st.
2. Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball teams against Springfield Grant here tonight at 4:00.
3. Congratulations to the 7th grade girls’ basketball team for their victory over Chatham last night. Good luck tonight in the Regional Championship Game against Rochester here at 7:00.
4. Picture retakes are this morning. We will announce over the intercom when the photographer is ready. If you are new to the school or were absent on picture day, you will have your picture taken today. This includes staff!
5. WWII will meet today from 3:30 – 5:00.
6. Lego Club will meet today in room 113 from 3:15 to 4:00.
7. GIRLS – per our dress code: Leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, and/or tights may only be worn when the student’s top/blouse comes to fingertip length.
8. Well as you know it is snowing and getting colder outside. We need to take care of the animals. Once again, the Newspaper club is collecting donations for the animals at the Christian County Animal Shelter. We can take treats, toys for cats and dogs, food, water or whatever you think. They also need blankets…lots of blankets! If you would like to donate, there will be bins in the office labeled “Animal Shelter.”
9. The school level competition for the 27th annual National Geographic Bee will be here soon! All 7th grade students will be participating through their geography classes on December 15th and 16th, while 6th and 8th grade students may choose to compete after school until 3:45 on December 8th. Sixth and 8th graders interested in participating need to sign up in the office by Friday, December 5th. Finalists will be determined before the holiday break. Finalists will then compete on Wednesday, January7th after school to determine the school-level winner. Anyone wanting more information needs to see Mrs. Foil or Mr. Nieves.
10. There will be an 8th grade volleyball open gym on Tuesday, December 2nd from 3:30 to 5:00. Eighth grade Girls’ Basketball team is not allowed to attend volleyball open gyms until after 8th grade Girls’ Basketball season is over.
11. IMSA and Homework Helpers will not be meeting tomorrow after school.
12. Thanksgiving Assembly tomorrow at 10:00 in the gym.
13. Early dismissal tomorrow will be at 2:20 for Thanksgiving break.
14. The following schedule will be used tomorrow:
1st hour: 8:25 – 8:53 (practice for 6th grade band and 7th & 8th grade choir)
8:45 – 9:00 (practice for 5th grade choir)
2nd hour: 8:56 – 9:24 (practice for 8th grade band)
3rd hour: 9:27 – 9:55 (practice for 7th grade band)
Assembly: 10:00 – 11:00
4th hour: 11:10 – 11:38
5th hour: 11:41 – 12:11
6th hour: 12:14 – 12:44
7th hour: 12:47 – 1:17
8th hour: 1:20 – 1:48
9th hour: 1:51 – 2:20
November 25 Special Ed Department meeting will be in room 109 at 3:20
WEEK AT A GLANCE
November 26 Thanksgiving Assembly 10:00 (Schedule #4)
Dismiss at 2:20
IMSA will not meet today
Homework Helper will not meet today
November 27 Thanksgiving Day – No School
November 28 No School
December 1 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs Hillsboro HOME 6:00
Homework Helper 3:15 – 4:00
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Blueberry Muffin w/string cheese Beefsteak Sub Ham Pizza Salad
Turkey & Cheese Wrap Sausage Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our Thanksgiving.