TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, December 12, 2014
1. 5th grade Boys’ Basketball tryouts will be Monday, December 15th from 5:00 to 6:30 and Tuesday, December 16th from 6:30 to 8:00 in the Stonington gym.
2. Poms will not practice today but will meet Monday, December 15th from 3:30 to 7:30.
3. EFCM Club will meet in Mr. Zini’s room Monday after school. Bring your instrument or supplies and have a ride home at 4:30.
4. 7th grade Volleyball tryouts will be today 5:15 to 7:00 and Saturday 11:30 to 1:30.
5. 8th grade girls Volleyball tryouts will begin today after school 3:15 to 5:00.
6. 7th & 8th grade Choir will be performing in the Christmas Vespers at the High School Sunday, December 14 at 4:00.
7. Good luck to the 6th grade Boys Basketball team Saturday in the Sullivan Tournament and Sunday against Mt. Zion at Stonington 2:00.
8. The YMCA will have the DJ Audio Dimensions at the Teen Center tonight from 6:00 to 10:00 and at the 5th grade party Saturday, 5:00 to 9:00.
December 15 Music Department meeting 3:45
WEEK AT A GLANCE
December 13 6th grade Boys Basketball/Sullivan Tournament
December 14 7th & 8th grade Choir performing at the High School Vespers 4:00
6th grade Boys Basketball vs Mt. Zion/Stonington 2:00
December 15 Homework Helpers 3:15 to 4:00
EFCM Club room 310, 3:15 to 4:30
Poms practice 3:30 to 7:30
5th grade Boys Basketball tryouts 5:00 to 6:30/Stonington gym
December 16 6th grade field trip to Sangamon Auditorium in Springfield 8:35
Lego Robotics Club room 113, 3:15 to 4:00
7th & 8th grade Boys Basketball vs Stephen Decatur Home 6:00
Pack the Gym Night and Jazz Band plays
5th grade Boys Basketball tryouts 6:30 to 8:00/Stonington gym
December 17 Builders’ Club Christmas Party 3:15 – 4:00, gift exchange
Homework Helpers 3:15 – 4:00
IMSA meets room 303, 3:15 – 4:00
Drama Club will meet 3:15 – 5:00 in the Forum
6th grade Boys Basketball vs Warrensburg/Stonington 6:00
December 18 Early dismissal 2:20
7th & 8th grade Boys Basketball vs Chatham Glenwood Away 5:30 Bus 4:15
CPR @ 2:30 in the Media Center
December 19 Christmas Assembly 10:00
Early dismissal 2:20
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
French Toast Sticks Grilled Turkey/Cheese w/tomato soup Taco Salad
Ham & Swiss Wrap Vegetable Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
What common word contains the letters of NINTH running consecutively backward inside it?
The letters IUM, when found together in a word, are almost always at the end- as in podium, helium, premium, etc.
Can you name a seven-letter word in which the letters IUM are in the middle?