TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
1. Congratulations to the Scholastic Bowl team for their win over Springfield Jefferson and Springfield Franklin last night.
2. Good luck to the 7th and 8th grade Girls Volleyball “B” team vs Edinburg here at 6:00.
3. 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Boys who are going out for track should report to the Forum today after school for a short meeting. We will be finished by 3:45.
4. Homework Helper meets today 3:15 to 4:00.
5. IMSA will meet today 3:15 to 4:00.
6. Today is the last day for Yearbook Orders.
7. 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Girls who are going out for track should report to Mrs. Beckley’s room 103 for a short meeting on Thursday, February 26. We will be done by 3:45. Girls participating in volleyball should see their coach for paperwork and information.
8. There will be an informational meeting in the TJHS Forum on Thursday after school for any person interested in being a Taylorville Tornadoes Freshman football player. We will discuss off-season lifting, summer camp, and the 2015 season. Please plan on being there and bring as many friends as possible.
9. Chess club championship game will be Monday, March 2 at 3:15.
February 24 & 25 If anyone would like to help judge projects, the Science Department would greatly appreciate it. 5th – 6th projects will be in the front hall between 1 hour to the end of the day on Tuesday. Wednesday, the 7th & 8th grade projects will be in room 312 all day. There will be rewards in the form of food J.
March 3 Faculty meeting 3:25 in the Forum.
March 5 School Improvement Meeting 1:30 at THS cafeteria, bring a Chrome Book or lap top.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
February 26 Scholastic Bowl at Rochester 3:45. Dismiss team 2:50, bus 2:55.
7th & 8th grade Girls’ Volleyball vs Rochester 4:30. Bus 3:20
Newspaper Club 6th, 7th & 8th grades, 3:15 to 4:00
February 27 Display all Science Fair projects at the High School West Gym 6:30
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Lumberjack Sloppy Joe Sandwich Chicken Caesar Salad
Hawaiian Ham Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
If people are talking behind your back, be happy that you are the one in front.