TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, March 23, 2015
1. No Scholastic Bowl practice today.
2. Cheerleading tryouts will begin on April 18th. Please sign up in the office if you are interested. You must have a current physical on file with the school nurse.
3. Eighth grade girls who are interested in trying out for Freshman Basketball next year should go to Mr. Keller’s room after school (1:00 p.m.) for a brief meeting.
4. Miles of Smiles forms will be going home with report cards tomorrow. Please return the Miles of Smiles forms to the school nurse as soon as possible.
5. Congratulations to Kaylee Jones for receiving a 1st place finish at the Regional Science Fair.
6. Today’s schedule is as follows:
1st hour 8:25 to 8:55
2nd hour 8:55 to 9:25
3rd hour 9:25 to 9:55
4th hour 9:55 to 10:25
8th hour 10:25 to 10:55
9th hour 10:55 to 11:25 (5th grade lunch as usual)
5th hour 11:25 to 11:55 (6th grade lunch)
6th hour 11:55 to 12:25 (7th grade lunch)
7th hour 12:25 to 1:00 (8th grade lunch)
March 23 School Improvement at THS café begins promptly at 1:30. Bring your lap top or Chrome Book as well as examples of assessments and/or rubrics to include in SLO’s.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
March 23 School Improvement Day – Dismiss at 1:00
March 24 Scholastic Bowl vs Springfield Blessed Sacrament and Pawnee HOME 3:45
Choices4Life (last meeting) 3:30 to 4:30
March 25 Homework Helper 3:15 to 4:00
IMSA meets 3:15 to 4:00
March 26 Newspaper Club for 6th, 7th & 8th grades 3:15 to 4:00.
March 27 High School Musical, Crazy For You, 7th & 8th grade 9:00 to 11:00; 5th & 6th grade 12:30 to 2:30.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Scrambled Egg w/cheese Country Chicken Bowl Baja Chicken Salad
Ham & Cheese Deli
BBQ Chicken Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”