TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, October 16, 2015
- Congratulations to the 7th & 8th Grade Girls’ Basketball teams for their victories over Williamsville last night.
- Baseball team members need to pick up their uniforms in Mrs. Vincent’s office for today’s team picture.
- Good luck to the 5th grade girl’s basketball team tonight and tomorrow in the Alton Tournament.
- Chess Club elected Daniel Sloan for President, Madelyn Boaden-Vice-President and Blaine Stormer-Secretary
- 7th Grade Boys’ Basketball tryouts will be Monday, October 19th from 3:30 to 5:15 and Tuesday, October 20th from 3:30 to 5:30 in the Junior High Gym.
- 8th Grade Boys’ Basketball tryouts are Monday, October 19th from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Junior High Gym. Tuesday, October 20th from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the North School Gym.
- Media Center October book orders are due today.
- Picture day is today during P.E. class times. Please take your order forms with you. If you are out of P.E., make sure you go to the Junior High Gym to get your picture taken. If you need additional School Picture order forms, they are on the counter in the office.
- Baseball, Cheerleading and Poms need to pick up Picture Order Forms in the office.
- Team pictures will be taken at the North School Gym at the following times:
7:55 8th Grade Girls’ Basketball Team
8:10 7th Grade Girls’ Basketball Team
3:15 Baseball Team
3:45 Poms Squad
Oct. 16 Faculty pictures may be taken anytime during the day
Oct. 19 Music Department Meeting
Oct. 21 myON Refresher 3:10 in the Computer Lab
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Oct. 15 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball at Williamsville 6:00, Bus leaves 4:30
Oct. 16 School Picture Day
End of the First Grading Period
Oct. 17 6th Grade Girls’ Basketball Williamsville Tourney TBA
Oct. 19 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball vs Meridian HOME 6:00
Oct. 20 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball vs Chatham Glenwood 5:30. Bus 4:15
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Breakfast Pizza Grilled Cheese
Chicken Caesar Salad
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Birch and larch are two five- letter tree names that end in the same three letters. What other pair of common trees have five-letter names ending in the same three letters?