TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, October 9, 2015
- Congratulations to the 7th & 8th Grade Girls’ Basketball Teams for their victories last night against Effingham!
- Good luck to the Junior High musicians attending the ILMEA District Auditions Monday, October 12th. The bus will leave for Effingham from the High School’s East Circle Drive at 6:30 a.m.
- Good luck to the 5th Grade Girls’ Basketball Sunday, October 11th in Sullivan at 2:00 and Monday, October 12th in the Alton Tourney.
- No Open Gym Monday, October 12th for 7th Grade Boys’ Basketball.
- You may continue selling Fannie May Candy over the three day weekend if you would like and turn your order forms in on Tuesday, October 13th. Please make sure your NAME and GRADE are on all your order forms.
- Media Center October book orders are due Friday, October 16. Please turn them in to Ms. Lowry or Mrs. Southworth. Thank you.
- If you need additional School Picture order forms, they will be on the counter in the office. Picture day is next Friday, October 16th.
- Junior High Baseball players need to pick up a Team Picture order form. They are on the office counter.
- The Student Council Winter Coat Drive will run until October 23rd. Gently worn coats of any size will be accepted from 8:00 to 8:15 at the table in the Main Hallway.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are October 29th and 30th. Parents/Guardians can sign up for meeting times on Skyward. Instructions are on the Junior High web page.
- Chess Club, for 5th through 8th grades, will meet next Thursday, October 15th in Mr. Hill’s room (107) after school unitl 3:45.
Oct. 14 Faculty Meeting 3:10
Oct. 19 Music Department Meeting
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Oct. 12 No School - Columbus Day
ILMEA District Auditions, Effingham, Bus THS East Circle 6:30AM
Oct. 13 7th & 8th Girls Basketball vs Nokomis 6:00 HOME
Oct. 16 School Picture Day
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Orange Glazed Cinnamon Roll Sweet & Sour Chicken
Ham Pizza Salad Ham & Cheese Wrap
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
- Many think the Cubs were cursed in 1945. What or who put a curse on the Cubs.
- What 1989 movie predicted that the Cubs would win the World Series in 2015?
- What Taylorville native pitched for both the Cardinals and the Cubs?