TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, December 4, 2015
- Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball teams for their wins against Decatur Jefferson last night.
- Fannie May Candy money is due today.
- Volleyball try-outs are next week, Monday, December 7, Tuesday, December 8 and Wednesday, December 9 at North School Gym. 8th grade will try-out from 3:30 to 5:30 and 7th grade try-outs are 5:30 to 7:30.
- Come watch our 8th grade Marching Band in the Christmas Parade tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. on the Tayloraville Square.
- Good luck to the 5th & 6th grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball teams tomorrow in Warrensburg. 5th grade plays at 1:00 and 6th grade plays at 3:00.
- This year's speech contest is Saturday February 20th. Any 6th grade student interested in participating, must see Mrs. Richardson in Room 106 to pick up a registration form to be filled out and returned, along with $5.00 for entry fee by December 14th.
- Sixth and Eighth grade students only: There is still time to participate in the 28th annual National Geographic Bee. Those interested in participating need to sign up in the office by Friday, December 4th. Anyone wanting more information needs to see Mrs. Foil or Mr. Nieves.
- Help the Builders Club to collect donations for Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Bring in an item on the list displayed on the table in front of the Media Center and have your name put in the drawing jar for a chance to win a $50 gift card.
- Students, do you want to win a chromebook before you leave for Christmas break? Join Taylorville School District and over 100 million students across the country in one of the largest learning events in history: the Hour of Code. Between December 1st and December 14th, go to www.code.org to sign in using your Google Account. Complete one of the hour of code activities by December 14th, show proof to Mrs. Mitchell (room 301) that you have completed it, and you will have your name entered into a drawing to win a chromebook! The computer lab (301) will be open from 7:30-8:00 and 3:30-4:15 on December 8th, 9th, and 10th if you want to work on it in the lab. Check out the www.tcusd3.org for more details of why coding is important to you, and how to log into hour of code!
The Faculty Christmas party will be held at Angelo’s after school on December 11th. Please sign up in the faculty center. Even if you can only stay for a short time, we would love to see you there!
The nurse will once again be collecting donations to add to our “Friends of Children” account. This account goes to fund needs of our students that arise throughout the school year. We have fitted 3 children with eye glasses so far this year! Thanks for your kindness.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Dec. 4 Fannie May Fundraiser money is due
Dec. 5 Christmas Parade 5:00 p.m.
Dec. 7 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs Williamsville 6:00. Bus 4:30
Dec. 9 8th grade Girls’ Basketball Sectionals
Dec. 10 Chess Club room 107 3:10 to 3:45
7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs Central A&M HOME 6:00 TJHS Gym
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Sausage/Egg/Cheese Sandwich Ham Horseshoe
Popcorn Chicken Salad
Ham,Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Put the same four letters in the same order before a t and after a t to form a nine letter
word that conversationaly means a group of geniuses.