TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, December 11, 2015
- Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball teams for their victories over Central A&M last night.
- Volleyball players need to pay the $125.00 athletic fee to Mrs. Vincent by January 5th.
- The Media Center will be hosting another Scholastic Book Fair December 15 and 16 for the whole student body. This fair will be a BOGO (buy one get one free). It will be open from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm each day. Flyers are available in the Media Center for details.
- This year's speech contest is Saturday February 20th. Any 6th grade student interested in participating, must see Mrs. Richardson in Room 106 to pick up a registration form to be filled out and returned, along with $5.00 for entry fee by December 14th.
- The Taylorville Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is sponsoring a Super Sitters Babysitting Clinic for boys and girls who are in 7th and 8th grade. More information can be found in the office.
- If you sold 35 or more boxes of Fannie May Candy, please remember to send your selfie text to Ruthie at 217-369-4049. Be sure to include Your Name, Grade, and School.
- 7th grade Girls’ Basketball team players need to turn in practice uniform and game uniform in to Mr. White no later than Friday.
- Attention all students who walk to the Kroger’s parking lot after school. There is safe crossing area provided for you at the corner of the school parking lot. If you walk to that corner, traffic will be stopped so you can cross safely.
- There will not be Homework Helpers next week. Starting in January, if you need help with your school work, please see your teacher for extra help.
- Congratulations to the following students who qualified for the Geography Bee to be held after school on Thursday, January 7, 2016: Mason Bates, Tawney Minks, Molly Smith, Levi Clayton, Eden Seelbach, Chloe Delahunt, Teya Henderson, Ryan Bates, Zachary McPeek, and Kyle Cearlock. These students need to see Mr. Nieves today to get information about the finals, prize information, and study materials.
The nurse will continue to collect donations for “Friends of Children” until Christmas vacation. Thank you to all that have contributed!
Dec. 14 The Office and Mrs. Tucker’s room will celebrate December birthdays in the lounge
Music Department Meeting 3:15
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Dec. 12 & 13 6th grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball at Sullivan Tourney
Dec. 15 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball vs Charleston HOME 5:30 North Gym
Gold Rush Night at the 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball Game
5th grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball HOME TJHS Gym 6:00
Dec. 16 Lego Club Mr. Brown’s room 113, 3:10 to 4:30
EFCM Club Mr. Zini’s room 310, 3:10 to 4:30
Builders Club Mrs. Foil’s room 110, 3:10 to 4:00
Dec. 17 Early Dismissal at 2:20
7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball game vs Chatham Glenwood HOME 6:00 North
6th grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Mt. Zion 6:00 HOME TJHS Gym
Principal’s Fannie May Party for 5th & 6th grades 12:46 in the Cafeteria
Dec. 18 Christmas Assembly 10:00 TJHS Gym
Principal’s Fannie May Party for 7th & 8th grades 1:14 in the Cafeteria
Early Dismissal at 2:20
Dec. 21 to Jan. 4 Christmas Break
Jan. 4 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball vs Nokomis HOME 6:00 North Gym
5th grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Central A&M HOME TJHS 6:00
Jan. 5 School is back in session!
7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball vs Lincoln 6:00. Bus 4:15
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Cinnamon Crunch Bagel Turkey & Noodles
Ham Hawaiian Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY