TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- Congratulations to the 8th grade Girls’ Basketball team in the Regional Tournament last night! Good luck tonight in the next round at 5:30. Bus leaves at 4:15.
- Congratulations to the 8th grade Boys’ Basketball team’s victory over Hillsboro last night!
- Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball teams against Mattoon tonight at 6:00 in the North Gym.
- Remember EFCM Club and Lego Club meet tomorrow.
- 7th grade Girls’ Volleyball open gyms will be Thursday, December 3rd from 5:00 to 7:00 at North School gym. Open Gym’s are not mandatory.
- Picture retakes are today at 8:00 in the gym. Please bring your package of pictures with you.
- Please remember, Fannie May Candy money is due this Friday, December 4th.
- The school level competition for the 28th annual National Geographic Bee will be soon! All seventh grade students will be participating through their geography classes on December 7th - 9th, while sixth and eighth grade students may choose to compete after school and lasting until 3:45 on Thursday, December 10th. Sixth and eighth graders interested in participating need to sign up in the office by Friday, December 4th. Finalists will be determined before the holiday break. Finalists will then compete on Thursday, January 7th after school to determine the school-level winner. Anyone wanting more information needs to see Mrs. Foil or Mr. Nieves.
- Help the Builders Club to collect donations for Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Bring in an item on the list displayed on the table in front of the Media Center and have your name put in the drawing jar for a chance to win a $50 gift card.
- Students, do you want to win a chromebook before you leave for Christmas break? Join Taylorville School District and over 100 million students across the country in one of the largest learning events in history: the Hour of Code. Between December 1st and December 14th, go to www.code.org to sign in using your Google Account. Complete one of the hour of code activities by December 14th, show proof to Mrs. Mitchell (room 301) that you have completed it, and you will have your name entered into a drawing to win a chromebook! The computer lab (301) will be open from 7:30-8:00 and 3:30-4:15 on December 8th, 9th, and 10th if you want to work on it in the lab. Check out the www.tcusd3.org for more details of why coding is important to you, and how to log into hour of code!
The Faculty Christmas party will be held at Angelo’s after school on December 11th. Please sign up in the faculty center. Even if you can only stay for a short time, we would love to see you there!
The nurse will once again be collecting donations to add to our “Friends os Children” account. This account goes to fund needs of our students that arise throughout the school year. We have fitted 3 children with eye glasses so far this year! Thanks for you kindness.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Dec. 1 Picture retakes 8:00 in the Gym
7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball vs Mattoon 6:00 North Gym
8th grade Girls’ Basketball Regionals Bus 4:00
Dec. 2 Homework Helpers
EFCM Club 3:10 to 4:30
Lego Club 3:10 to 4:00
7th Grade Girls’ Basketball Regional at Chatham Glenwood Bus 4:15
Dec. 3 Newspaper Club Room 106 3:10 to 3:45
7th & 8th grade Boys’ Basketball vs Decatur Jefferson 6:00. Bus 4:45
Dec. 4 Fannie May Fundraiser money is due
Dec. 5 Christmas Parade 5:00 p.m.
Dec. 9 8th grade Girls’ Basketball Sectionals
Dec. 10 Chess Club room 107 3:10 to 3:45
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Apple Frudels Salisbury Steak w/noodles
Beef Nacho Salad
Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself - that’s where it’s at.