TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, January 8, 2016
- Congratulations to the 8th Grade Boys’ Basketball teams for their victory over Rochester last night.
- Congratulations to the Wrestling team for their wins over Glenwood Junior High last night.
- Any 6th, 7th or 8th grade student interested in Scholastic Bowl should meet Monday, January 11th in room 205 for an informational meeting from 3;15 to 3:30.
- Group pictures for the Yearbook will be taken today. A schedule of picture times is posted outside the office door.
- Please remember, we will not be having Homework Helper this semester. If you need help, please ask your teacher.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Jan 11 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs Effingham 6:00. Bus 4:00
Drama Club Clinic in the Forum and Cafeteria 3:15 to 5:00 all week
Jan 12 Chess Club in Mr. Hill’s room 107 from 3:10 to 3:45
7th & 8th Grade Boys’ Basketball vs Pleasant Plains 5:30. Bus 4:00
Wrestling at Mattoon with Leroy 5:00. Bus 2:40. Dismiss Wrestlers 2:35
Jan 13 Geography Bee 4:00 in the Forum
6th Grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Chatham HOME 6:00 TJHS Gym
Jan 14 7th & 8th Grade Volleyball vs Glenwood 5:30. Bus 4:15
7th & 8th Grade Boys’ Basketball vs Chatham Glenwood “B” 6:00 HOME North Gym
6th Grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Mt. Zion HOME 6:00 TJHS Gym
5th Grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball Vachel Lindsay 6:00
Drama Club auditions in the Forum 3:15 to 5:00
Jan 15 Drama Club auditions in the Forum 3:15 to 5:00
Jan 16 Wrestling at Jacksonville with Cahokia & Springfield Catholic 10:00 a.m.
Jan 18 No School - Martin Luther King Day
Jan 19 7th & 8th Grade Boys’ Basketball vs Mt. Zion (8th Grade Night) 6:00 HOME North Gym
5th Grade Boys’ Taylorville Youth Basketball vs So. Fork & Mt. Zion 6:00
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Sausage/Egg/Cheese Melt Ham Horseshoe
Popcorn Chicken Salad
Ham, Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
The letters IUM, when found together in a word, are almost always at the end - as in
podium, helium, premium, etc.
Can you name a seven-letter word in which the letters IUM are in the middle?
_ _ IUM_ _