TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, March 7, 2016
- Congratulations to Wrestlers Austin Herkert and Alex Angel who placed first and second at the Sectional Saturday to qualify for the State Wrestling Tournament.
- Congratulations to our 8th Grade Volleyball team who won their first game of Regionals Saturday. They will play Tuesday at 7:15 against Rochester in Mt. Zion.
- There will be a Parent Meeting for 7th graders interested in going on the Washington D.C./New York trip in 2017. The meeting will be March 9th at 7:00 p.m. in the Junior High Forum.
- Miles of Smiles forms for preventive dental services at school, will be sent home with each student. If you plan to take advantage of this program, the form must be completed and returned to the school nurse by March 24th.
- Tickets are on sale now for this year's THS production of The Sound of Music! We are excited about this show for a lot of reasons, but we are especially excited about Junior High’s very own Jillian Lowry’s performance! Evening performances are;Thursday, March 17 at 7:00 pm/Friday, March 18 at 7:00 pm/Saturday, March 19 at 2:00 pm/Saturday, March 19 at 7:00 pm.
- There will be a Dodgeball Tournament for students in 5th through 8th grades Sunday, March 13th. The tournament begins at 3:00 and will be held at Calvary Baptist Church. The cost to participate is $5. All proceeds will be donated to the SHADOW Home. For more information, please contact Carlos Campos, 824-2324.
- If any girls are interested in playing Club Volleyball in Shelbyville, please pick up information on the office counter. Tryouts will be March 20th.
- There will be a school dance this Friday, March 11th. Prizes will be given for the best costumes so start on yours now! 5th and 6th grade will be from 5:00 to 6:30. 7th and 8th grade dance will be from 7:00 to 9:00.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
March 8 Scholastic Bowl Team at Springfield Jefferson 3:30. Bus 2:35. Dismiss 2:30
Chess Club Tournament Mr. Hill’s room 3:15 to 3:45
March 10 Newspaper Club 3:15 to 3:45
March 11 Junior High Dance: 5th & 6th grades 5:00 to 6:30/7th & 8th grades 7:00 to 9:00.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs w/tots Meatball Pizza Sub
Tossed Salad with cheese
Ham,Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
White Garlic Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Life is a big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can.