TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- Congratulations to the 7th Grade Girls Volleyball team for an outstanding season!
- Congratulations to the following Wrestlers who placed in the Regional Wrestling Tournament last weekend: Alex Angel 1st Place; Austin Herkert 2nd Place; Chaz Allen 3rd Place; Devin Durbin and Dalton Smith 4th Place!
- Four students answered 2 1/2 questions out of four of the Media Center Research Questions. The best record so far this year! Congratulations to William Colbrook, Ariyanna Bernsing, Madelyn Beaty, Brandon Hefner, and Jocelyn Williams. Please come see Ms. Lowry to get a free book from Scholastic. Thank you to all who participated. The March Research questions are up for the month. Come see how well you can answer them!
- Tickets are on sale now for this year's THS production of The Sound of Music! We are excited about this show for a lot of reasons, but we are especially excited about the inclusion of several younger students in the cast. In addition to the high school students, we have one student from St. Mary's, one student from Stonington, two students from Memorial, and Jillian Lowry from the junior high! Evening performances are;Thursday, March 17 at 7:00 pm/Friday, March 18 at 7:00 pm/Saturday, March 19 at 2:00 pm/Saturday, March 19 at 7:00 pm.
- Chess Tournament in Mr. Hill’s room today from 3:15 to 3:45.
- Eighth Graders going on the Washington D.C./New York Trip this year will have a meeting March 3rd at 7:00 p.m. at the Taylorville Public Library on West Vine Street.
- Those 6th , 7th, and 8th grade girls who signed up for track need to attend an informational meeting tomorrow, March 1st in the Forum from 3:15 to 3:30. Boys track meeting will be Wednesday, March 2nd in the Forum from 3:15 to 3:30.
- If any girls are interested in playing Club Volleyball in Shelbyville, please pick up information on the office counter. Tryouts will be March 20th.
- There will be a school dance on March 11th. Prizes will be given for the best costumes so start on yours now! 5th and 6th grade will be from 5:00 to 6:30. 7th and 8th grade dance will be from 7:00 to 9:00.
- Today is the absolute day to turn in late Yearbook orders.
- School Improvement Day is Thursday, March 3rd. School will be dismissed at 1:00.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
March 3 Early dismissal of 1:00/School Improvement Day
Scholastic Bowl at Rochester with Springfield Franklin 4:45. Bus 4:00
March 5 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Regional Tournament vs Decatur Jefferson at Mt. Zion
at 11:15 a.m. Bus 9:15 a.m.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Waffles Four Cheese Macaroni
Chicken Nacho Salad
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.