TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- Garden Club for interested 5th grade students will begin soon. We will be cleaning flower beds, planting flowers, and creating some projects. If you are interested see Mrs. Mansfield in Room 117 for a permission slip, The club is limited to 15 students so get your permission slips turned in soon.
- There will be Drama Club tomorrow from 5:30 to 8:00.
- Thursday is Crazy Hat & Hair Day.
- Eighth graders going into high school next fall are invited to try-out for the High School Dance Team. There will be a parent meeting March 24th and try-outs will be held March 31st, April 1st and April 2nd at the High School. Information and sign-up sheet can be found in the Junior High office.
- Do you sing, dance, perform acrobatics, play an instrument or have any other talent you believe could amuse or entertain your classmates? If you do, then the 8th Grade Talent Show could be for you. On the last day of school, you could be performing before the class of 2020. It’s a lot of fun. There will be an informational meeting in Mr. Zini’s Room(310) after school Thursday, March 31st. We will begin rehearsals on Wednesday, April 6th. We will rehearse every Wednesday after school until the show. Sign up with Mr. Zini at any time.
- Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield is once again offering College for Kids this summer. Booklets of the classes LLCC is offering can be found in the office.
- If any 5th, 6th or 7th grade student is interested in taking art or choir next school year, fill out and return the yellow or green form, with your parent’s signature, to Mrs. Vincent by April 1st.
- Miles of Smiles forms must be completed and returned to the school nurse by tomorrow.
- High School Spring Sport Schedules are in the office.
- Remember, 2:20 dismissal tomorrow to begin Spring Break.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
March 24 Early Dismissal for Spring Break 2:20
Drama Club practice 5:30 to 8:00
March 25 No School through March 30
March 31 School Reconvenes after Spring Break
Drama Club “Double Practice” 3:30 to 8:00
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Blueberry Muffin Lasagna
Ham Pizza Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.