TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, April 29, 2016
- Good luck to the Track Team at the Danville Invitational tonight at 4:00. The bus leaves at 1:00, team members need to be dismissed at 12:45 with the exception of 8th grade. Eighth grade Track Team members should be dismissed at 12:25 for lunch. Teachers, please refer to the list of names Coach Beckley emailed you.
- Good luck to our Junior High Band and Jazz Band members at the IESA Organizational Contest at Riverton High School today. The bus leaves at 1:30 and should return around 5:45. Please dismiss Band Members, who are listed in the email Mr. Burch sent, at 1:20.
- The Builders Club bake sale is next Wednesday, May 4th after school in front of the office. All items will be 50 cents.
- Girls trying out for the Junior High Cheer Team need to return the permission slip in to Mrs. Vincent today.
- Cheer clinic for the 2016- 2017 Junior High Cheerleading Team, will be May 3rd, 4th and 5th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tryouts will be Friday May 6th at 4:30.
- Volleyball Open Gym for current 7th graders entering 8th grade next Fall will be Tuesday, May 3rd from 5:00 to 6:00 at North School Gym. Open Gym for current 6th graders entering 7th grade next Fall will also be May 3rd from 6:30 to 8:00 at North School Gym.
- High School Golf Team signup forms must be in the school office today.
- The Media Center will close its circulation May 2nd. Please finish reading your books in the next two weeks and turn them in by May 2nd.
May 5 School Improvement Team Meeting
May 25 District meeting at the High School 8:00 a.m.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
May 3 Track Meet at Springfield High School 4:00. Bus 2:45 Dismiss 2:30
May 4 Builders Club bake sale after school in Main Hallway
May 5 Newspaper Club will meet 3:15 to 3:45 in Mrs. Richardson’s room (106)
May 6 Track Meet at Shelbyville 4:00. Bus 2:30 Dismiss 2:15
May 9 Track Meet at Glenwood MS 4:00. Bus 2:45 Dismiss 2:30
May 12 Curriculum Fair 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
May 23 5th Grade Honors Assembly 9:30 a.m.
Early Dismissal of 2:20
May 24 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Honors Assembly 8:45 a.m.
Early Dismissal of 2:20 AND Last Day of School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Cinnamon Crunch Bagel Meatloaf
Ham Hawaiian Pizza
Ham Hawaiian Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Scheming Suzie and her younger brother were fighting. Their mother, who had had enough, decided to punish them by making them stand on the same piece of newspaper in such a way that they couldn’t touch each other. How could this be?