TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, March 24, 2017
- Congratulations to the Scholastic Bowl Purple and Gold Teams for their wins over Blessed Sacrament and Our Savior’s last night!
- 7th grade students, please make sure your Chromebooks are charged over the weekend as PARCC testing starts Monday.
- PARCC testing for 6th, 7th & 8th grades will be next Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. 5th grade PARCC testing will be the week of April 3rd.
- Athletic fee of $150.00 is due by April 3rd. You may pay your fee to Mrs. Vincent or on line.
- Today is the last day you may claim your belongings off the Lost & Found table.
- Taylorville Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is offering a Babysitting Clinic April 17th. Flyers are in the office.
- 8th graders, going into the High School next year, are invited to try out for the THS Dance Team. More information can be found in the office.
- Please turn in Miles of Smiles forms to Nurse Zini.
- If you need cough drops, please bring your own. The nurse’s supply is depleted.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Mar 28 Scholastic Bowl at Pawnee with Porta 4:45
Chess Club Tournament in Mr. Hill’s room 3:15 to 4:00
Mar 29 8th Grade Talent Show practice in Mr. Zini’s room 3:15 to 4:15
Mar 30 High School Musical grades 5 & 6 12:30 to 2:30
Mar 31 High School Musical grades 7 & 8 9:00 to 11:00
Apr 3 Scholastic Bowl w/Springfield Christian and Jefferson HOME 4:00
Track Meet against Pawnee HOME 4:00
Apr 4 Track Meet against Stephen Decatur & Decatur Jefferson HOME 4:00
Apr 5 TJHS Drama Club performance grades 5 & 6 at 2:00
Apr 7&8 Drama Club performances of The Secret Garden/ TJHS Stage/7:00 p.m.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Lumberjack Beef Soft Tacos
Ham/Turkey Chef Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
What word that means not as rough or more even also means, in a different sense,
cause to feel pleased or honored?
Cross out half the letters of the word INFURIATED so that the remaining letters,
reading left to right, spell a synonym of infuriated.