TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, August 28, 2015
1. Good luck Boys’ Baseball today against Lincolnwood at Raymond Park, 4:30.
2. Basketball tryouts for 7th & 8th grade girls will be Monday, Aug. 31 and Sept. 1. Tryouts for 7th grade will be in the Junior High gym, 8th grade will be in North School’s gym both are from 3:30 to 5:30.
3. Mrs. Vincent will meet with all 8th grade students in the gym during 5th hour today for 20 minutes.
4. Mrs. Vincent will meet with all 5th grade students at 10:45 today in the gym.
5. Attention 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls: Would you like to make new friends, learn more about yourself, strengthen your skills to deal with Jr. High drama, and get some exercise? The new Girls on the Run program – Heart and Sole, will begin September 9th. Girls will meet after school on Monday and Wednesday from 3:45 – 5:00 for 10 weeks. The program concludes with a 5K run on November 7th at LLCC in Springfield. In order to participate, you must sign up online. See Mrs. Beckley for details.
6. Please join us at halftime of the Tornado football game tonight to see Mrs. DeWerff and TJHS receive the America’s Farmers GROW Rural Education $25,000 Grant! Way to go Mrs. DeWerff!
6th Grade Girls’ Basketball tryouts will be Monday, August 31st from 6:00 to 7:30 in the Junior High Gym.
5th Grade Girls’ Basketball tryouts will be Tuesday, September 1st from 6:00 to 7:30 in the Junior High Gym.
Combined tryouts for 5th and 6th Girls’ Basketball will be Wednesday, September 2nd from 6:00 to 7:30 in the Junior High Gym.
Sept. 3 School Improvement meeting room 104 at 3:10
Sept. 8 Open House 7:00
Sept. 15 Faculty Meeting in the Forum at 3:10
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Aug. 31 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball tryouts begin
Boys’ Baseball vs Williamsville, Home 4:30
Sept. 1 Girls’ Softball vs Morrisonville, Home 4:30
Boys’ Baseball vs Glenwood Middle School, Home 4:30
Sept. 2 Boys’ Baseball vs Okaw Valley at Findlay M.S., 4:30, Dismiss 2:30
Sept. 3 Girls’ Softball White vs Purple, Home 4:30
Boys’ Baseball at Shelbyville 4:30, Dismiss 2:30
Sept. 8 Fall Open House 7:00 p.m.
Sept. 11 Annual Outdoor Dance. 5th & 6th grade 5:00 – 6:30; 7th & 8th grade 7:00 – 9:00
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Cinnamon Crunch Bagel w/Cream Cheese Chipotle & Lime Chicken Burrito Chef Salad
Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Ham Hawaiian Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
What is so fragile that when you say its name you break it?
My posterior is adorned with feathers. I have a rather long neck and quite a pointy nose. I am able to fly, yet I have no wings. What am I?