TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, May 20, 2016
- Color Run for 5th and 6th grade is today at 1:30. After the color run is over, you will NOT be allowed back in the classroom or in the hallways. Please take all your belongings with you when you are excused to go to the gym. You will be allowed to go back in the gym or locker room when the run is over to get your items. Remember to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Second Semester Incentive lunch will be today during your lunch period in the front hallway by the gym. The list is posted by the office.
- Builders Club members please see Mrs. Foil today to sign up for the Pizza Party!
- First basketball open gym for high school girls will be in the north gym 5-7 Thur May 26.
- Today is the last day for the Throwback Terrier Track Sale after school. Everything will be sold for a $1!
- There will be 6th, 7th & 8th grade Honors Assembly practice Monday, May 23rd at 8:30 a.m. in the gym. The list for Honors and High Honors is posted outside the office.
- Track uniforms must be turned in to your coaches today!
- Please check the Lost & Found table for your lost items. Only take what belongs to you.
- Taylorville Memorial Hospital will be sponsoring a Babysitting Clinic June 16th from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. More information can be found in the school office.
- Tornadoes Basketball is offering a one week camp and a three week long academy in June. Pick up an entry form from the office or see Coach Brown.
- Taylorville Memorial Hospital proudly presents a special children’s theatre entitled, Princess K.I.M. the Musical. The performance date is June 11th with lunch starting at noon and the musical will begin at 1:00. Tickets are $12.00 per person. Please call 824-1677 for tickets or visit the TMH Gift Shop.
- Just a reminder, school will be dismissed at 2:20 on Monday, May 23rd and Tuesday, May 24th.
May 25 District meeting at the High School 8:00 a.m.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
May 23 6, 7 & 8 practice for the Honors Assembly at 8:30 in the gym
5th Grade Honors Assembly 9:30 a.m.
Early Dismissal of 2:20
Color Run for 7th & 8th grades at 1:00
May 24 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Honors Assembly 8:45 a.m.
Early Dismissal of 2:20 AND Last Day of School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Lumberjack Beef Nachos
Popcorn Chicken Salad
White Garlic Pizza
White Garlic Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signifying a male, the first 3 signify a female, the first 4 signify a great man, and the word, a great woman. What is the word?
What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?