TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, November 4, 2016
- Congratulations to the 7th grade Girls Basketball team for their win over Pleasant Plains last night!
- Good luck to the 7th grade Boys Basketball team at the Pana Invite tonight at 5:00.
- The 6th grade Boys Taylorville Youth Basketball tryouts will be Monday, November 7th at the North Gym from 5:30 to 7:00. Tuesday’s tryouts will be 3:30 to 5:00 in the Junior High Gym.
- There will be a Scholastic Book Fair in the Media Center the week of November 14th. It will be open from 8:30 - 2:00 each day for students. You may get a brochure from your Literature teacher next week. The theme is "Bookaneer"--hardy har har. Our goal is set to sell $3,000
- The Teen Center will be open at the YMCA Friday, November 4, 2016 from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Neil from Audio Dimensions will be the DJ for the night.
- Robert Morris University is sponsoring a co-ed basketball skills clinic for 5th and 6th grade students, November 11th at Taylorville St. Mary’s Gym. The cost is $30 per student/$5 discount for sibling. Money and registration is to be mailed to Tonya Bowsher no later than November 7th. Sign-up sheets and additional information is in the office.
- Remember to turn your clocks back an hour Sunday, Daylight Savings Time ends!
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Nov 6 Daylight Savings Time Ends - set clocks back an hour
Nov 7 7th & 8th Girls Basketball at Charleston 6:00. Depart 4:00
Anti-Bullying Program 12:30 in Mrs. Durbin’s room/1:30 Mrs. Reindl’s room
Nov 8 Chess Club 3:15 to 4:00 in Mr. Hill’s room 107
6th Girls Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Clinton HOME 5:30
7th & 8th Girls Basketball vs Springfield Franklin HOME 6:00
Nov 9 Lego Robotics Club 3:15 to 4:00 Mr. Brown’s room 113
6th Girls Taylorville Youth Basketball at Lady Lordes 6:00
Nov 10 School Improvement Day - Early Dismissal 1:00
7th & 8th Girls Basketball vs Springfield Grant HOME 6:00
7th & 8th grade Boys Basketball at Stephen Decatur 6:00. Depart 4:30
Nov 11 Veterans’ Day - No School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Lumberjack Beef Soft Taco
Ham/Turkey Chef Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
What common word contains the letters of
Running consecutively backward inside it?