TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, November 7, 2016
- Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade Girls Basketball in Charleston tonight at 6:00. Departure time is 4:00.
- Mrs. Ebert will be presenting an Anti-bullying Program today. She and her miniature horses will be joining Mrs. Ulferts and Mrs. Marley in Mrs. Durbin’s 5th grade room at 12:30 and Mrs. Mansfield, Mr. White, Ms. Molen and Mrs. Woehrmann will join Mrs. Reindl’s class at 1:30.
- The 6th grade Boys Taylorville Youth Basketball tryouts will be tonight at the North Gym from 5:30 to 7:00. Tuesday’s tryouts will be 3:30 to 5:00 in the Junior High Gym. Please come by the office and pick up Waiver Forms.
- Chess Club will meet tomorrow in Mr. Hill’s room (107) 3:15 to 4:00.
- There will be a Scholastic Book Fair in the Media Center the week of November 14th. It will be open from 8:30 - 2:00 each day for students. You may get a brochure from your Literature teacher this week. The theme is "Bookaneer"--hardy har har. Our goal is set to sell $3,000
- Robert Morris University is sponsoring a co-ed basketball skills clinic for 5th and 6th grade students, November 11th at Taylorville St. Mary’s Gym. The cost is $30 per student/$5 discount for sibling. Money and registration is to be mailed to Tonya Bowsher no later than November 7th. Sign-up sheets and additional information is in the office.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Nov 8 Chess Club 3:15 to 4:00 in Mr. Hill’s room 107
6th Girls Taylorville Youth Basketball vs Clinton HOME 5:30
7th & 8th Girls Basketball vs Springfield Franklin HOME 6:00
Nov 9 Lego Robotics Club 3:15 to 4:00 Mr. Brown’s room 113
6th Girls Taylorville Youth Basketball at Lady Lordes 6:00
Nov 10 School Improvement Day - Early Dismissal 1:00
7th & 8th Girls Basketball vs Springfield Grant HOME 6:00
7th & 8th grade Boys Basketball at Stephen Decatur 6:00. Depart 4:30
Nov 11 Veterans’ Day - No School
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Biscuit & Gravy Chicken Fried Steak
Hawaiian Ham Pizza
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Leadership is not about the next election, it’s about the next generation.