TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, February 10, 2017
- Congratulations to the 7th grade Girls Volleyball team for their victory over Mt. Zion last night!
- Congratulations to the Wrestling team for their success at Auburn/Porta last night!
- Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade Girls Volleyball at the Shelbyville Invite Saturday starting at 9:00 a.m.. Departure time is at 7:30 a.m..
- Good luck to all Wrestlers in the King of the Hill Tourney at Clinton Middle School tomorrow at 9:00 a.m..
- There is information in the office about the Expanding Your Horizons Conference for girls in grades 6, 7 and 8. The conference will be held on Saturday, March 18th at Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield Campus, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. This event hosts workshops presented by women in math, health, science technology and engineering careers.
- Girls P.E. Badminton Tournament is today in the Junior High Gym. Hours 1 and 2, the 7th grade will play; hours 4 and 5 is the 8th grade tournament and hours 7 and 8 will be the 6th grade games.
- Yearbook club will meet on Monday in Room 121 from 3:15 - 4:00.
Feb 14 Faculty Meeting
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Feb 13 6th grade Girls Taylorville Youth Volleyball at Vison Way 6:00
Drama Club 5:30 to 7:30 Blocking/Stage, Line memorization
Yearbook Club meeting Mrs. Elliott’s room (121) 3:15 to 4:00
Feb 14 7th & 8th grade Girls Volleyball vs Springfield Franklin HOME 6:00 North Gym
Wrestling at Glenwood with Litchfield 5:00
Chess Club Tournament Mr. Hill’s room 3:15 to 4:00
Scholastic Bowl at Rochester with Pleasant Plains 5:00
Feb 16 7th & 8th grade Girls Volleyball vs Stephen Decatur HOME 6:00 North Gym
Feb 17 School Improvement Day/Dismiss at 1:00
Feb 18 Speech Contest in Illiopolis at Sangamon Valley Middle School/Bus 7:15 a.m.
Feb 20 No School/Presidents’ Day
No Drama Club practice
Feb 21 Chess Club Tournament Mr. Hill’s room 3:15 to 4:00
Drama Club practice Forum 5:30 to 7:30
7th & 8th Girls Volleyball vs Mt. Pulaski HOME 6:00 North Gym
8th grade Girls Volleyball 8th Grade Night
Gold Rush Night/Girls Volleyball game
Feb 22 Junior High Celebration of Music 7:00 p.m.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Mini Crunch Bagel Hot Dog on Bun Nacho Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
The word drooling consists of the letters of two letters of two common elements.
What are they?
And how about the three chemical elements that can be found in