TAYLORVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, February 13, 2017
- Congratulations to the 7th grade Girls Volleyball team for winning First Place at the Shelbyville Invite Saturday!
- Congratulations to Macy Mann, Second Place winner in the State of Illinois Patriot’s Pen essay contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars!
- Congratulations to the 8th grade Girls Volleyball team for placing Third in the Shelbyville Invite!
- Congratulations to all Wrestlers for their victories in the King of the Hill Tourney at Clinton Middle School last weekend!
- Good luck to the 6th grade Girls Taylorville Youth Volleyball team 6:00 tonight at Vision Way.
- February book orders for the Media Center are due Friday, February 17.
- Drama Club will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 tonight.
- Yearbook club will meet today in Mrs. Elliott’s room (121) from 3:15 - 4:00.
- All cell phones should be shut off at 8:00 in the morning even if you are not at your locker yet. They are not to be used in the cafeteria at breakfast. Cell phones are also not allowed to be in your possession during the day including P.E and lunch. Thank You.
Feb 14 Faculty Meeting
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Feb 14 7th & 8th grade Girls Volleyball vs Springfield Franklin HOME 6:00 North Gym
Wrestling at Glenwood with Litchfield 5:00
Chess Club Tournament Mr. Hill’s room 3:15 to 4:00
Scholastic Bowl at Rochester with Pleasant Plains 5:00
Feb 16 7th & 8th grade Girls Volleyball vs Stephen Decatur HOME 6:00 North Gym
Feb 17 School Improvement Day/Dismiss at 1:00
Feb 18 Speech Contest in Illiopolis at Sangamon Valley Middle School/Bus 7:15 a.m.
Feb 20 No School/Presidents’ Day
No Drama Club practice
Feb 21 Chess Club Tournament Mr. Hill’s room 3:15 to 4:00
Drama Club practice Forum 5:30 to 7:30
7th & 8th Girls Volleyball vs Mt. Pulaski HOME 6:00 North Gym
8th grade Girls Volleyball 8th Grade Night
Gold Rush Night/Girls Volleyball game
Feb 22 Junior High Celebration of Music 7:00 p.m.
TOMORROW’S BREAKFAST TODAY’S LUNCH
Glazed Cinnamon Roll Breakfast for Lunch Taco Salad
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“Your beliefs don’t make you a better person. Your behavior does.”